Last Updated November 20, 2023
1. Scope of Application
1.1 This website is operated by Blend Inn Operations Sdn Bhd [202201042990 (1488687-W)]. Blend Inn is a tech workforce service providers to the Hospitality and Travel Industry. Throughout the relevant website, the terms “Blend Inn”, “we”, “us” and “our” refer to Blend Inn Operations Sdn Bhd; “Customer”, “you” and “your” refer to Customer.
1.2 Use of this Website, www.myblendinn.com and all pages in this domain, constitutes acceptance of all terms, conditions, policies and notices stated here. Blend Inn reserves the right to seek all remedies available by law for any violation of these terms of service, including any violation of Blend Inn‘s rights in the Blend Inn name and emblem and its rights in connection with the information, artwork, text, video, audio, or pictures (together, the “Content”) of the Blend Inn website.
1.3 By accepting these Terms, or by accessing or using the Blend Inn Services, you engage in our Services and agree to be bound by the following Terms of Service (“Terms”), including those additional terms and conditions and policies referenced herein and/or available by hyperlink. If you are entering into this Terms on behalf of a company, then you shall represent that you have the authority to make order decisions for the company and all references to you shall refer to your company.
1.4 Blend Inn is entitled to update, change or replace any part of these Terms of Service at any time without giving reasons, whereby such updates and/or changes are announced on our website. It is your responsibility to check this page periodically for changes. Your continued use of or access to the website following the posting of any changes constitutes acceptance of those changes.
2. Customers’ Rights and Responsibilities when using Smart Receptionist
2.1 Scope. You must only use Blend Inn Hotel Self-Service Kiosk (“Equipment”) and our partner Third-Party Property Management System (“System”) made available to you within Contract Period for your own lawful internal business purposes, in accordance with these Terms and any notice sent by Blend Inn or condition posted on the Website. You are responsible and liable for your employees’ compliance with and/or breach of the terms stated in Terms of Service. All rights not expressly granted herein are reserved by Blend Inn, and no other licenses are granted herein by Blend Inn by implication, estoppel or otherwise.
2.2 Minimum Contract Period. The minimum contract period for rental of the Equipment is 24 months.
2.3 Access and Use of Blend Inn Hotel Self-Service Kiosk.
(a) Use. Blend Inn grants you only the right to use the service as set forth herein, you agree:
- Keep Equipment in a proper, functional and operationally safe;
- Not convey or transfer title or ownership of Equipment, any underlying technology or software, or any intellectual property rights in any of the foregoing to you;
- Not to make alterations to, or modifications of, the whole or any part of Equipment, or permit Equipment or any part of it to be combined with, or become incorporated in, any other programs.
(b) Loss and/or Damage.
- (i) You expressly acknowledge and agree that use of Equipment provided is at your sole risk and liability of loss, theft or destruction of and damage, from and after Equipment is delivered to you.
- (ii) In the event that damage has occurred to or in conjunction with Equipment, you undertake to notify Blend Inn as soon as possible by indicating the point of time, cause of such occurrence, and the extent of damage.
- (iii) Should the Equipment loss while in your possession, you are liable to pay the following:
|Total Loss Fee = Total Obligation Rental Fees – Total Paid Rental Fees
(c) Maintenance and Repairs.
- (i) Any maintenance and or repairs, including installation of spare parts required for proper functioning of the Equipment shall be exclusively performed by Blend Inn;
- (ii) However, any costs or damage to the Equipment caused by Customer fault, inter alia, improper treatment, above intended usage and or misuse shall be borne by Customer;
- (iii) Hours of Service are 0930 to 1830 hours (Mondays to Fridays) excluding public holidays.
(d) Inspection & Testing.
- (i) Any tests of the Equipment other than those normally carried out by Blend Inn which may be required by you must be agreed separately in writing and these tests may be subjected to extra charges;
- (ii) If you require that any test carried out by Blend Inn should be made in his/her presence or in the presence of his/her representative, you shall inform Blend Inn not less than 14 days before the test is due to take place. Any such test shall be subjected to extra charges and you shall pay all traveling and subsistence expenses for him/herself or his/her representative. Should you or your representative fail to attend at the time or place notified to him, Blend Inn may proceed with any test in his/her absence.
- (iii) You shall inspect the Equipment immediately on receipt and shall within five (5) days of its receipt give written notice to Blend Inn of any claim of shortage or that the Equipment does not conform with the terms of the Contract. If you shall fail to give such notice, Equipment shall be deemed to conform with the terms of the Agreement and Customer shall be bound to accept and pay for the Equipment in accordance with the terms of the Contract.
(d) Payment Gateway Installation. When you opt in Equipment, it is your responsibility to, follow standard operating procedures required by Third Party Payment providers, provide the required information for registering an account. Your account registration with our partner Third Party Payment Gateway service providers is, however, subject to their approval, which is beyond our scope of control. They will review and may conduct further intermittent reviews of your information to determine that you are eligible to use the Payment Gateway services.
2.4 Access and Use of Third-Party Property Management System
(a) Accuracy of Content in Property Management System. You are solely responsible for the accuracy of the content provided to Blend Inn in order for us to setup the System under your user account and enter the information. You agree to indemnify Blend Inn and our Third-Party Property Management System against liability or loss arising from, and cost incurred in connection with any content entered into System under your account.
(b) Passwords. Blend Inn will provide you with passwords and other credentials required to enable your employees with access to the System. You are solely responsible for maintaining the security and confidentiality of your employee’s login information and credentials to the System. Login credentials and passwords are strongly encouraged to assign on a named user basis and may not be shared by multiple individuals. You may not:
- (i) permit login password codes to be cached in proxy servers and accessed by individuals who are not your employees, or
- (ii) permit access to the System through a single identification or password code being made available to multiple users on a network.
(c) Display of Content. You shall display necessary accommodation products information based on Third-Party Property Management System’s requirement, and ensure the accuracy, legality, and truthfulness of the information.
(d) Disputes. You shall resolve and bear corresponding liabilities for disputes arising from your product price errors, settlement, refund due to errors, omissions, inaccuracies, or untruthfulness of content transmitted by you, and shall compensate Blend Inn for any loss incurred.
(e) Guest Complaints and Disputes. The graphic and text description of the accommodation provided by you must tally with the hotel information in Property Management System. If guests’ complaint caused by the above mentioned reasons arises, you shall first of all cope with the complaint. If this complaint cannot be resolved by you, Blend Inn and/or our Third-Party Property Management System shall ultimately coordinate a resolution with the affected guest, you must accept the resolution and bear all costs related to the resolution (including but not limited to, room charges, compensation fees paid to the guest, etc). For booking payment collected by you, any complaint / cost / losses shall be under your full responsibilities.
2.5 Bookings and Inventory. It is your responsibility to carefully manage your bookings and inventory. Blend Inn and our Third-Party Property Management System will not be responsible for any errors in bookings (including overbooking case) and Blend Inn shall not be liable to indemnify for the same. You shall indemnify us and hold us harmless against all claims made by third parties that arise from your failure to perform your obligations under this Terms.
2.6 Booking Rejection. Order rejection due to overbooking / double booking shall be fully handled by you. Blend Inn and our Third-Party Property Management System will not be responsible for this.
2.7 Direct Booking Engine. Our Third-Party Property Management System offer 2 types of direct booking payment collection methods, which are:
- Payment collected by you upon check in;
- Payment collected by Third-Party Property Management System provider.
(a) Payment collected by you upon check in.
- (i) Our Third-Party Property Management System will not collect the booking amount from your guest on behalf of you. You are solely responsible for the payment collection from your guest, communicate with your guest, and also provision of the accommodation service to your guest as promised.
- (ii) Under this method, any cancellation initiated by your guest shall be dealt with between you and your guest. No-show from your guest shall also be handled by you. In the event of any disputes or refunds, under this method, Blend Inn and our Third-Party Property Management System will not be liable to it.
(b) Payment collected by Third-Party Property Management System Partner.
- (i) Our Third-Party Property Management System Partner will collect the booking amount from your guest on behalf of you. Third-Party Property Management System Partner will compile your statement and practice two pay-out per month. Schedule as below:
|13th of every month
|27th of every month
- (ii) Payment will be made by Third-Party Property Management System Partner via online bank transfer to your designated bank account within 1-3 working days after cut-off date.The pay-out is based on the guest’s check-out date.
- (iii) Under this method, our Third-Party Property Management System Partner is solely responsible for payment collection from your guest, communicate with your guest, handling the cancellation and refund at your hotel cancellation policy discretion. Third-Party Property Management System Partner will charge a 5% commission for each booking.
- (iv) No-show from your guest shall be handled by you.
3. Customers’ Rights and Responsibilities when using Seamless Housekeeping
3.1 Scope. You must only use Blend Inn Hotel Housekeeping and our partner Third-Party Housekeeping Management System made available to you within Contract Period for your own lawful internal business purposes, in accordance with these Terms and any notice sent by Blend Inn or condition posted on the Website. You are responsible and liable for your employees’ compliance with and/or breach of the Terms. All rights not expressly granted herein are reserved by Blend Inn, and no other licenses are granted herein by Blend Inn by implication, estoppel or otherwise.
3.2 Minimum Contract Period. The minimum contract period for Service is 24 months.
3.3 Blend Inn’s Housekeepers.
(a) Premise Access. You are solely agreed and give consent to grant Blend Inn Housekeepers by entry and/or access to your premises with your full permission in order for Blend Inn Housekeepers to perform the Service.
(b) Scope of Work. You are fully agreed and acknowledge that you shall strictly adhere to all the protocols, standard operating procedures and checklist brief to you by Blend Inn. Failing which, Blend Inn shall not be hold liable and responsible for any consequences that arise during or after the performance of Service.
(c) Security. You shall take the full responsibility to secure, safeguard, lock all your valuable belongings and/or properties throughout the duration when Blend Inn Housekeepers are performing the Service. Blend Inn shall not be hold responsible in any manners from any lost and/or damages suffered by you during the performance of the Service at the premises as defined in Service Agreement.
(d) Dispute. You are responsible and liable for any delay or failure to provide the Service if this is caused by you and/or your employees’ failure to comply with the provisions as affixed in Service Agreement. Fees are charged according to the rate as defined in Service Agreement.
(e) Responsible for Providing Equipment. You are responsible for providing cleaning tools as well as any necessary items needed to complete the room cleaning.
3.4 Third-Party Housekeeping Management System
(a) Accuracy of the Content. You are solely responsible for the accuracy of the content provided to Blend Inn in order for us to setup System under your user account and enter the information. You agree to indemnify Blend Inn and our Third-Party Housekeeping Management System against liability or loss arising from, and cost incurred in connection with any content entered into System under your account.
(b) Passwords. Blend Inn will provide you and your employees with passwords and other credentials required to access to System. You are solely responsible for maintaining the security and confidentiality of your employee’s login information and credentials to the System. Login credentials and passwords are strongly encouraged to assign on a named user basis and may not be shared by multiple individuals. You may not (i) permit login password codes to be cached in proxy servers and accessed by individuals who are not your employees, or (ii) permit access to the System through a single identification or password code being made available to multiple users on a network.
(c) System Integration. Our Third-Party Housekeeping Management System can integrate with partner Property Management System via API ; non partner Property Management System via iCal or manual update. Blend Inn shall not be responsible if your existing Property Management System refuse to provide the integration link. However, Blend Inn will make any effort to reinstate the integration such as access granted to your Property Management System in order to obtain the live room status.
(d) Required Consent. In order to carry out the Service under Blend Inn Hotel Housekeeping, Blend Inn may need access to your Property Management System to obtain live room status, check in and check out date (collectively “Customer-Provided Materials”). You represent and warrant to Blend Inn that has obtained all consents, authorizations or permissions necessary for Blend Inn to access each item of Customer-Provided Materials., You hereby grants Blend Inn a access to the Customer-Provided Materials for purposes of providing the Service hereunder. You may refer to clause 7 for data confidentiality.
4. Rights and Responsibilities of Blend Inn
4.1 Blend Inn Hotel Self-Service Kiosk
(a) Scope. Blend Inn will provide you the Equipment and online access to and use of the Property Management System identified in the Service Agreement during the Contract Period.
(b) Property Management System Setup. Blend Inn shall solely be responsible on setting up property content in Property Management System. You are required to approve the property content within 30 days before the integration into the Equipment.
(c) Hotel Keycard Integration. Blend Inn provides integration of keycard to synchronize with the Equipment.
(d) Information Migration. In order to carry out the Service under Equipment, Blend Inn may need access to your existing Property Management System to obtain upcoming booking data and update in our Third-Party Property Management System. You represent and warrant Blend Inn that has obtained all consents, authorizations or permissions necessary to access each item of Customer-Provided Materials. You may refer to clause 7 for data confidentiality.
4.2 Blend Inn Hotel Housekeeping
(a) Scope. Blend Inn shall only furnish Housekeepers and assign task to Blend Inn Housekeepers via Housekeeping Management System to perform the Service. Service scope is identified in Quotation and Service Agreement. You are fully aware of the scope of work and agree that should there be any variations and/or add-ons on the Service requested by you, you are solely responsible to pay the then-current fee to Blend Inn.
(b) Premise. We are only responsible for the premise(s) as identified in Service Agreement.
(c) Housekeeping Management System Setup. Blend Inn shall solely responsible on setting up service procedural in Housekeeping Management System. Blend Inn will then explain to you the service procedural in detailed and you are required to approve the service procedural within 30 days, as acknowledgement that you are fully understand the service procedural before Blend Inn Housekeeper conducted and/or perform the Service at your premise.
5.1 Upfront Payment. Customer shall pay the upfront payment to Blend Inn within 7 days from the Effective Date of Service Agreement signed, as follows:
|Upfront Payment = One Time Setup Fee + 2-Month Advance Rental Deposit
5.2 Delivery Fees. The dates of delivery are approximate at the time of acceptance. Blend Inn will make every effort to complete delivery as indicated but assumes no responsibility or liability for loss or damage by the reason of delay or inability to deliver caused by circumstances beyond its control. Delivery Fees shall be make payable by Customer as follow:-
|Delivery Fees = RM250.00 + RM2.50 * Distance(KM)
- (i) Delivery fees are subject to change without prior notice due to currency fluctuation, fuel prices and/or unforeseen economic circumstances;
- (ii) Distance shall be calculated from the warehouse’s address;
- (iii) The above prices shall exclude East Malaysia and all highlands/ islands;
- (iv) Delivery fees for East Malaysia/Highlands/ Islands shall be quoted before delivery;
- (v) Expenses will be invoiced by Blend Inn and payable in accordance with Clause 5.3.
5.3 Service Fee.
(a) Subsequence Service Fee will be charged once the Services are installed and/or conducted at your premises . You authorize us to charge your credit card or bank account for all fees payable during the Contract Period. You further authorize us to use a third party to process payments, and consent to the disclosure of your payment information to such third party.
(b) We will send you a notification by email and/or SMS on the date of our invoice sent. For payments made through credit cards and other accepted methods, we must receive payments due within seven (7) days from the date of our invoice sent.
(c) You must notify Blend Inn of any change in your payment method or other payment account information by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
5.4 Late Payment or Non-Payment of Service Fee. Past due balances are subject to interest equal to the lower of 1.5% per month or the maximum rate allowed by law. Blend Inn may, at its discretion, engage third parties to assist in the collection of past due accounts. You will be liable to Blend Inn for all reasonable costs of third party collection activity, including attorneys’ fees, resulting from your past due account. In addition, Blend Inn may restrict or remove access to the Service(s) until such invoices are paid in full if you have not paid invoices within 30 days.
5.5 Travel Fees. In the event of on-site service for kiosk, the Travel Fees shall be make payable by the Customer as follow:-
|Travel Fees = RM25.00 + RM1.25 * Distance(KM)
|Emergency Fees = RM400.00
- (i) Travel fees are subject to change without prior notice due to currency fluctuation, fuel prices and/or unforeseen economic circumstances;
- (ii) Distance calculated from warehouse’s address;
- (iii) The above prices shall exclude East Malaysia and all highlands/ islands;
- (iv) Travel fees for East Malaysia/Highlands/ Islands shall be quoted before delivery;
- (v) Expenses will be invoiced by Blend Inn and payable in accordance with Clause 5.3.
5.6 Taxes. You will be responsible for all taxes, levies, or duties (“Taxes”) imposed by tax authorities on the use, and/or provision of Services (including implementation services where applicable). You shall reimburse Blend Inn and hold Blend Inn harmless for all sales, use, excise, property, or other taxes or levies which Blend Inn is required to collect or remit to applicable tax authorities.
If you are required to deduct or withhold any tax, you must pay the amount deducted or withheld as required by law and pay us an additional amount so that we receive payment in full as if there were no deduction or withholding.
6. Term and Termination
6.1 Minimum Contract Period. This agreement will begin on the Service Start Date of Blend Inn Services implemented on Hotel operations. Minimum contract period for Service is 24 months.
6.2 Renewal. While the reminder alerts are given to you for renewal of subscription, in the event you are not able to renew the subscription, the subscription will be suspended, forthwith terminated. We reserve the right to suspend your subscription if it is not renewed on time.
(a) Termination of Agreement. This agreement may be terminated by Customer after the Minimum Service Period. Customer to provide written notice to Blend Inn at least 60 days prior to the expiration of the Contract Period. Notice shall be sent to email@example.com.
(b) Early Termination. Should there be an early termination within the Minimum Contract Period:-
- (i) Termination takes effect on the date upon your receipt of termination acceptation;
- (ii) Customer shall pay an early termination fee, calculation of which are as follows:-
|Early Termination Fees = 1 Month Service Fee + Delivery Fee
- (iii) In case of Blend Inn Hotel Self-Service Kiosk, fee is as per your signed monthly Service Fee; In case of Blend Inn Hotel Housekeeping, fee is RM2,000; In case of Blend Inn Hotel Kiosk + Housekeeping, fee is RM4,000
- (iv) No refund of deposit will be provided for payment you made for your Service(s).
(d) Termination for Breach. This agreement may be terminated by Blend Inn, if you:
- (i) breach any of the terms and is not cured within 30 days of the breaching Party’s receipt of written notice of the breach that described the breach in reasonably sufficient detail;
- (ii) delay in payment or nonpayment of fees that lasts more than 30 days from the date such payment was due.
(e) Termination for Insolvency. Blend Inn may terminate the agreement without prior notice to the other if you go into liquidation or have a receiver or manager appointed of any of its assets or becomes insolvent, or makes any arrangement with its creditors, or becomes subject to any similar insolvency event in any jurisdiction.
6.4 Effect of Termination. Upon the termination this agreement (the “Termination Date”):
(a) Blend Inn reserves the rights to delete all your account content and related details in Property Management System and/or Housekeeping Management System. Your content cannot be retrieved once your service is in the progress of termination/ terminated. If you wish to receive any other termination or transition services from Blend Inn after the Termination Date, the parties may enter into a Statement of Work for such services at Blend Inn’s then-current rates;
(b) All the outstanding fees must be paid within 30 days upon receipt of Blend Inn’s invoice and termination confirmation. Your current savings or card will be charged automatically for any outstanding;
(c) Deposit will be refunded once the outstanding payment is paid and/or Blend Inn Hotel Self-Service Kiosk is in returned in good condition;
(d) Blend Inn will inspect the kiosk at the time of termination. You are responsible for man-made damage, malfunction caused by misuse, and damage or breakdown caused by wear and tear instead of product itself;
(e) For Blend Inn Hotel Self-Service Kiosk, you are solely responsible to serve all the upcoming bookings which have been accepted and confirmed before the termination.
6.5 Suspension of Service. Blend Inn reserves the right, in its reasonable discretion, to suspend or terminate the Service(s) if Blend Inn reasonably believes that your use of Blend Inn’s service and systems may violate or infringe any law or third party rights or which otherwise exposes or potentially exposes Blend Inn to civil or criminal liability, or data therein provided that such right will not obligate Blend Inn to monitor or exert editorial control over your use of the Service(s). Blend Inn must deliver to you a written notice promptly after the allegedly violating representation or use is brought first to its attention and you must be given a reasonable period in which to remedy the alleged violation. Once the violation is remedied, Blend Inn will resume the service.
(a) You or Blend Inn (“Disclosure”) receiving Confidential Information may not disclose Confidential Information except to its employees (“Receiver) with a need to know. Confidential Information will include Customer Data and information about the Discloser’s business plans, technical data, and the agreement. Confidential Information does not include any information that (i) is or becomes generally known to the public without breach of any obligation owed to the Discloser or (ii) was known to the Receiver before receipt from the Discloser.
7.1 Access Security
(a) Blend Inn will provide you and your employees with passwords and other credentials required to access to system & services. You are solely responsible for maintaining the security and confidentiality of your employee’s login information and credentials to the System. Login credentials and passwords are strongly encouraged to assign on a named user basis and may not be shared by multiple individuals. You may not (i) permit login password codes to be cached in proxy servers and accessed by individuals who are not your employees, or (ii) permit access to the System through a single identification or password code being made available to multiple users on a network.
(b) You agree to accept responsibility for all activities and changes to data that occur under your user account(s). We will not be held accountable for changes made by either your or your employees.
7.2 Personal Information
When you register for any of our services or newsletters you will provide us with information about yourself. During registration, we may request that you provide us with documentation to help prove your identity for business verification purposes. Under these terms of service, you authorize us, directly or through third parties, to make any inquiries we consider necessary to validate your registration. Besides, if you choose to correspond with us through email, we may retain the content of your email messages together with your email address and our responses. We provide the same level of protection for electronic communications as we do for information received by mail and telephone. Registration or correspondence with us via email constitutes a commercial relationship and implies consent for us to communicate with you regarding our services. We promise to only send you information deemed relevant to our commercial relationship and any email communication you may receive from us highlighting our services, special offers or promotions will include an opt out or unsubscribe feature.
7.3 Use of Your Information
We use personal information for purposes of administering our business activities, provision of services, monitoring the use of services, marketing and promotional efforts, improvement of our content and service offerings, and customization of our website’s content, layout, services and other lawful purposes. These activities improve our site and enable us to better tailor it to meet your needs.
We may also use the information we collect to notify you about important changes to our website, new services, and special offers we think you will find valuable. You may notify us at any time if you do not wish to receive these offers.
7.4 Sensitive Information
The security of your personal information is important to us. When you enter sensitive information on our website, we encrypt that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL). When credit card details are collected, we will pass the details to our Third-Party Payment Gateway in order to be processed as required. We never permanently store complete credit card and banking details in our server.
We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it.
8. Helpdesk and Support
(a) Operation Hour. Blend Inn will provide telephone support or email support at firstname.lastname@example.org between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m., (Malaysia Time), From Monday to Friday, except nationally recognized holidays.
(b) General inquiries. You may check with Live Chat support provided online by Blend Inn or email us at email@example.com. We attempt to respond to email and in-app support questions within 24 hours business day; in practice, our responses are generally even faster. We do not promise or guarantee any specific response time. We may limit or deny your access to support if we determine, in our reasonable discretion, that you are acting, or have acted, in a way that results or has resulted in misuse of support or abuse of Blend Inn representatives.
(c) Third-Party Service Support. Should you opt in any of our Third-Party service providers through integration, we could provide support only to those technical problems related to our Service and within the control of Blend Inn. Supports which are beyond our scope shall be dealt with between you and the Third-Party service providers that you opt in. We would, however, act in our best effort in providing you the right contact point of the Third-Party service providers to facilitate a constructive resolution to the problem encountered by you, hence forge a healthy business relationship among the parties involved.
9. Intellectual Property
All contents, text, images, data, information and other material displayed, available or present on Blend Inn website and our Third-Party service providers, including any trademarks or copyrights, remain as the property of Blend Inn or the designated owner and are protected by applicable intellectual property laws. You agree not to infringe upon or dilute any intellectual property of Blend Inn, as well as not to remove or modify any trademark, copyright or other proprietary notice appearing on Blend Inn website. You are not allowed to link to, reproduce, sell, publish, distribute, modify, or display this website or any content without prior written permission of Blend Inn.